Thursday, October 15, 2009

Saturday Shoot

I never actually used a bolex before and it's a really tough camera. I wish I could have some experience with it. Oh well! During the shoot, there were too much pressure because 1) we had to set up things (for an hour or so with the C-stands and the wind issues), 2) rehearse a few times to make sure, and 3) we had to capture something for 56 seconds for our long take! (56 seconds were too short to make a story, I know right?!) But it was interesting and weird to figure out what we needed to capture for 56 seconds. Even though we set up and our rehearsals, we had so little time to capture our video so we had to hurry! And also, it was really hot outside. But..I really had so much fun doing it. I learned a lot.

It's funny how my group and I talked about ideas for our shoot and then we figured out what to capture it for one longggg take without stopping. Tough but amazing. I was surprised that we got to learn how to put the reel into the camera and then shoot a long take and develop them with our own! And finally, we got to project our reel to record our take into the tape. All that were made in for four hours! So it was very interesting and so cool!

When I saw the video, it was perfect! Also, it was so weird to see our take with a little time. Reminds me of the old videos such as Lumerie's or people because of fast-paced and short. The video looked old and funny and fast-paced. I thought the fast paced movement cracked me up, but it turned out great. I'm glad we had to talk things over and then we created the right moment.

After it was developed, my group and I had to help another group for their shoot. We were extras so it was fun too. I am glad we helped them out to get theirs ready on time! :) I have enjoyed seeing other groups' videos..Very funny and cute! So all is good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment