Thursday, October 1, 2009

Scratch Film Junkies part 2...

I have seen so many handpainting experimental films and I had enough..Most of them I have seen are basically created on art--handpainting, perhaps some props on unexposed films, whatsoever. Some of them can be boring because they simply are shown only on lines and shapes and art stuff. But others can be interesting. For example, I saw M's presentation on Harry Smith yesterday and I saw his works and I enjoyed his experimental films..they seemed to look so different in a way..I mean he used mirror animation with cutouts and he may have tried it as 3-D. Very interesting.

Like I said, last week in class, we saw the film..mostly on art and handpainting again. It was okay. I mean I would like to see something funny or interesting. I see lots of shapes and forms in the film. One thing I enjoyed about it was the way they put fade colors in front so I can see the movement in back. Similar to Andy Warhol artistic colors like a color picture turned into pink or green. I admit, those experiemental films are way better than my elements project. I mean, I tried to make my drawings look hard, but couldn't. I just needed more time to figure out my plan and do it. I would definitely gonna try to practice on drawing or painting or exposing props to filmstrips whatever I can! :) Also, one day, I would like to try to make cutouts and paste them onto filmstrips..that would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment